What you will learn
- The best & most innovative business models in digital technology today
- Be able to understand, analyse and develop compelling technology business models
- Breadth of business model examples from across 11 exciting digital technology verticals, 50+ tech companies, 200+ innovation tactics and 70+ revenue models
Your 6-months course teaching the intriguing business models of the fastest-growing and most innovative digital technology companies of our time.
The world-leading Course on the topic!
This course features a 6-months program focussing on the details of the fastest-growing and most innovative digital technology business models today.
Specific focus is on the platform business model that underpins the success of many of the most successful digital tech companies today. Its details are complex and to-date rarely well-explained other than within the top-ranks of the top firms (who obviously will do little to share their secrets with others).
We are also covering some of the most successful approaches on the linear business model within the digital tech space underpinning, for example, Software-as-a-Service companies.
Who is this course is for
- Students/graduates aiming to sharpen their skills in the field of digital technology business models
- Aspiring entrepreneurs looking for inspiration from a broad range of digital tech verticals
- Corporate intrapreneurs wanting to broaden their horizon and to catch up the state-of-the-art digital tech business models and deep real-world examples
- Executives aiming to understand how to defend their turf against the approaching digital tech invaders
- Executives looking for opportunities to grow their company in new directions
- Developers wanting to build a solid business model for their app or software instead of learning the same through years of trial-and-error
Learn about the two major types of business models in digital technology. The linear business model underpins all Software-as-a-Service companies as well as a majority of Apps. The platform business model fuels some of the largest and fastest-scaling digital technology businesses today. Grasp how outstanding firms like Apple, Amazon and Microsoft combine both models in intriguing ways. And understand value creation within digital technology firms as well as entire technology verticals.
What are the most common revenue modules in digital technology and how are they adapted to dozens of vertical- and firm-specific revenue models. Get common myths busted on platform business revenue models by decomposing an example in great depth. Learn where revenues come from in the first place and how we can analyze markets through unit economic measures and submarkets.
After looking at typical cost structures of digital technology businesses in terms of financial and unit economic measures, you will learn about the financial lifecycle of key business assets. Focussing on the real-world will boost your ability to understand the key financial reports in an unprecedented short amount of time. The module closes with key measures of profitability and projecting these forward in terms of solid firm-internal investment decisions.
The Platforms Business Model has not only helped Google, Facebook, Amazon Marketplace and other revered tech super stars achieve stellar growth rates. Its underpinning principles have also led Microsoft to win the epic battle against Apple in the 80s. In the 2000s they then helped Apple’s transformation from near-bankruptcy to a multi-trillion dollar company. Learn about the still rarely well-explained concepts underpinning the platform business model.
After learning about key business model aspects including Key Partners, Value Proposition, Cost Structures and Revenue Models in the previous modules, this module covers Key Assets / Resources, Key Activities, Channels, Customer Relationships and Customer Segments. This closes the circle on the elements known from the Business Model Canvas with a clear focus on digital technology businesses presented through rich real-world examples.
This module will focus on more examples to complete the coverage of deep real-world examples to 11 fascinating digital technology verticals, the number of innovation tactics shown to 200+ and the number of specific revenue models covered to 70+. Lick your fingers after this for more!
1. 6 modules (1 per month)
2. A total of 20 submodules
3. Over 50 videos (total >10 hours)
4. All videos pre-scripted for your efficiency (no rambling)
5. Over 30 in-depth articles
6. Exercises for each submodule (20x) with solutions (!)
7. 20 Pre-populated notetaking templates (!)
8. 4x Top-10 links + 2x Top-5 links
9. Covering 11 digital technology verticals
10. Progress tracking: mark lessons as “completed” and/or “favourite”
11. Weekly commitment: 2-4 hours
12. 6-month program with weekly guiding mails
13. Your personal Certificate upon completion (no test required)
This course will benefit business owners, entrepreneurs, business consultants or business developers who seek better understanding of business models and the tools to develop them. Learners in the ID Verified track will have the opportunity to receive personal feedback on assignments in which they are asked to apply the knowledge gained to their own company or project.
Our examples come from fascinating technology verticals (50+ primary and 200+ secondary example companies):
- Online Travel, Dining, Events & Experiences
- Asset Sharing and Service Platforms
- Search & Vertical Search (incl Market Intelligence Sites)
- Social and Communication
- Education Technology
- Health Technology
- Financial Technology
- Content & Media Businesses
- Hardware & Software Technology Platforms
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Click on Buy Now 2. Fill in the required personal information 3. Fill in the payment details, we use Mollie Payments allowing you to choose from a wide range of payment options: IDEAL, Apple Pay, Google Pay, SOFORT and more! 4. Follow the steps of each payment method this can differ with each payment method 5. You qill receive a message of Mollie that your payment has been sent 6. you will receive the course information via email Your payment information will not be shared with us.
Use the same steps as above but choose Paypal as payment provider.
Use the same steps as above but choose Mastercard or Visa as payment provider.
You will receive the course information via your chosen email address.
You will receive a confirmation mail immediately upon purchase. Simply reply to that mail (or to any email you receive from us) and you will get help within a very short period of time.
No, you can create your account with the name that you prefer. There is no link between your account on this website and your credit card or Paypal account or any other payment method you choose.
This course is a one-off payment, meaning you have life-time access to it, as well as to any updates of the course.
This depends on the tax code in your country and your circumstances. In many countries educational costs can incur some sort of tax benefits. In any case, you will see a transaction and invoice number on your profile page once you have purchased the course.